Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Quatermass

Very quick m33

Had my friend round last night to show him how to do a bit of imaging and after all that wind and rain the sky was lovely and clear. We were just going through the basics and I took only 11 subs at and ISO of 400 and 4 and 6 mins in length. Processed them all today with the normal darks flats and bias and this is what we got. Now if only we could get another nice long clear night wouldn't that be great..

m33.jpg

• Like 3

For such few subs it is interesting to see how much you get from your data. I think the chap I was showing how to image was impressed with what we were able to capture at the time.

A good effort there, esp with the short subs on a difficult target :)

Good to see someone is getting some imaging time, one clear night in 3 weeks here :(

• Like 1

Yes its one good clear night followed by a load of duff ones sigh but what can you do :-(

Skills mate. Didn't realise you could push a canon up round 6 minutes. Thought that was CCD territory.. I'm still playing at it with 30s and 60s lol

You can easy do ten minute sub's if your guiding rig is up to it but for most stuff 5or under is plenty :-)

having an observatory is a great bonus and since I built mine out of an old 8x6ft shed in less then a week I have enjoyed my imaging session much more. I tend to get it all set up then once the imaging run is in progress go indoors in the warm and watch it all taking place on my laptop indoors which connects to the one in the obsy via splash top. Upgrading to the heq5 was great but I got on fine with my eq5 set up as well just took a bit longer to slew to my targets with Tom Carpenters astroeq.

• Like 1