SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Very quick m33

Quatermass

Had my friend round last night to show him how to do a bit of imaging and after all that wind and rain the sky was lovely and clear. We were just going through the basics and I took only 11 subs at and ISO of 400 and 4 and 6 mins in length. Processed them all today with the normal darks flats and bias and this is what we got. Now if only we could get another nice long clear night wouldn't that be great..

m33.jpg

having an observatory is a great bonus and since I built mine out of an old 8x6ft shed in less then a week I have enjoyed my imaging session much more. I tend to get it all set up then once the imaging run is in progress go indoors in the warm and watch it all taking place on my laptop indoors which connects to the one in the obsy via splash top. Upgrading to the heq5 was great but I got on fine with my eq5 set up as well just took a bit longer to slew to my targets with Tom Carpenters astroeq.

Archived