SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another quick ''what would you get' question

barbusg60

Just a quick one guys,

I have planned on getting a 24mm ES MaxVision and a 6mm WO SPL to go alongside my Baader zoom for my 6" Dob.

I had an idea though of getting the 24mm Maxvision and the 16mm version with a barlow, along with a 6mm SPL as above.

You lot are all more experienced than me so if you have time, could you give a bit of advice on which way forward please.

I just want a nice simple set up thats as easy to use as possible.

The zoom gives me all ranges but going for the 24mm, 16mm 6mm and barlow gives a nice spread too (50x 75x 100x 150x & 200x from the 6mm SPL)

Cheers,

Rob.

The MaxVision eyepieces get a good write up here and elsewhere for faster scopes at about F5. I'm thinking of getting the 24mm myself. Your choice of lenses look good to me but I generally don't like using a barlow. Hope you get lots of advice. 

IMO, if you already have the zoom then it's probably not worth trying the 16mm MV. I'm only saying that because if you should like the 16mm more than the zoom, would you then sell the zoom on? More than likely not, so not worth the effort. If you didn't already have the zoom, I would say get the MV. Why? I have one and I love it, wouldn't part with it at all. Having said that, I haven't looked through a Baader Zoom, but would like to just to compare.

What is wrong with the zoom that you feel it needs replacing?

You'll end up covering the same range with the MVs and the barlow.

If you didn't have it, then I'd say the MVs and the barlow would be an excellent choice.

Regardless, the 6mm WO SPL will still be a very good choice.  :smiley:

Im just getting some stuff up together at the moment, I havent actually used any of it yet due to the weather so was just trying to get the bes, simple set up I can for when Im ready to start using it all.

I do have the zoom and yes, would sell it on if the 2 MaxVisions and a barlow would be the best option.

Thanks for the input guys,

Rob.

Archived