Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
jgs001

Ticket to Mars

It'd be a bit funny knowing you're never coming back!

One-way colonization trips is a very interesting idea.

I'd never go because I love this planet too much to leave it, but like the article says, there would be plenty of volunteers.

I'd never go because I love this planet too much to leave it, but like the article says, there would be plenty of volunteers.

id love to go there with you :wink:

id love to go there with you :)
:shock: :wink: Down Boy

Get in line Mark :wink:

I can't think why anyone would leave their family and friends (and breathable air!) to go to Mars!!! Leave it to the Rovers.

JV :)

T'be honest it is something I have actually fantasised about - Usually in darker moments.

Can I take my old Moggie - The cat flap might be a slight technical issue though... :mrgreen:

Going to the moon was not too difficult in terms of the psychological effect on the astronauts. The earth still had an appreciable disc, and easily identified as home only days away. Not too long a trip.

Going to a distant world in the vast ocean of space, where the home planet is reduced to a stellar like object, and almost merging with all the other starlike objects, may provoke a dangerous reaction, whether it be a lone occupant, or even three. I wonder if any preparatory training simulating that kind of isolation would be adequate. I'm not sure it would somehow.

Ron.

Leave it to the Rovers.

I have to agree here - we can send a lot of robotic probes at a fraction of the cost of sending people (in the context of lives as well as money!).

Going to the moon was not too difficult in terms of the psychological effect on the astronauts. The earth still had an appreciable disc, and easily identified as home only days away. Not too long a trip.

Going to a distant world in the vast ocean of space, where the home planet is reduced to a stellar like object, and almost merging with all the other starlike objects, may provoke a dangerous reaction, whether it be a lone occupant, or even three. I wonder if any preparatory training simulating that kind of isolation would be adequate. I'm not sure it would somehow.

Ron.

Ron that is something I have allways thought about.

It is no good screaming I want my mummy out there.

I think they will have to be genetically worked on.

A clone from the home alone kid could work.

Bernie :wink:

Going to Mars would be fun, but not one way. I still love Gaia too. I think I'd need quite an update to Stellarium for the location to be accurate :wink:

Peace and Clear Skies.

Becky.

I was sitting in a meeting the other thinking to myself that I would rather be on Mars than at this particular meeting - but after reading this post I have changed that thought and identified some of the individuals I would "volunteer" for the one way trip to Mars. I don't think I would like to go Mars (though I reckon I'd get POTW when I got there if I took the camera).

Sam