Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New bins on the way, my first northern hemisphere galaxy targets.

nav2014

Hi all, just ordered a pair of Celestron Skymaster 15x70's and was wondering what celestrial targets are in the range of these bins. I pretty much know my way around the constellations having owned 2 reflectors and a refractor previously. I suspect M31and M13 will be in my reach unless i'm a little late for M13 this time of year. Looking forward to the wide field view of these bins and maybe viewing some nebs.

I'm in Northern England btw so strictly NH stuff. Thanks.

Hi Nav, Theste are some of the objects I looked at with  Skymaster 15x70's early yesterday;

M31                                                                                                                                                                                                                 M35                                                                                                                                                                                                                M36                                                                                                                                                                                                                M38                                                                                                                                                                                                                M42 Orion nebula                                                                                                                                                                                                              

M43                                                                                                                                                                                                               

M45  Pleiades                                                                                                                                                                                                 The Double Cluster                                                                                                                                                                                       

Collinder 20     the Mirphak Association.  

An enjoyable session,of mostly open clusters.                                                                    

Hi Nav, Theste are some of the objects I looked at with  Skymaster 15x70's early yesterday;

M31                                                                                                                                                                                                                 M35                                                                                                                                                                                                                M36                                                                                                                                                                                                                M38                                                                                                                                                                                                                M42 Orion nebula                                                                                                                                                                                                              

M43                                                                                                                                                                                                               

M45  Pleiades                                                                                                                                                                                                 The Double Cluster                                                                                                                                                                                       

Collinder 20     the Mirphak Association.  

An enjoyable session,of mostly open clusters.                                                                    

Thats a nice list to play with. Thanks. Did they pick up the gas neb in M42 and have you had a go at M81/M82 in Ursa Major region? Also is the open cluster in M103 in Cassiopeia do-able with these?

Plenty of nebulosity to be seen in M42,together with the embedded multiple star Theta Orionis.  Check out  Steve Tonkin's superb 'Binocular sky' site under 'Observing' for  plenty of objects to keep you observing for quite some time! Also check out 'Rony's astronomy site' (wish I could do all that hyperlink stuff) for some great Binocular sketches- m42 is shown as it looks to him through 10x50 and 15x70 binos.

Archived