Narrowband

Orionids meteor shower peaks tonight

Paulhenry85

As I understand it,possibly anywhere,as ultimately the path of the meteor can be traced back to the radiant,which as the name suggests lies within the constellation of Orion (to the N.E. of Betelgeuse).I hope to be out tonight observing,providing I don't get blown away! Incidentally,I was out in the early hours of Monday,observing M36 and M38 in Auriga,when a meteor flashed across my binocular field of view! It's direction suggested that it could of been an Orionid.I had already seen a couple of naked eye 'sporadic' meteors earlier.

Thanks for that, last time I went out to see a meteor shower I was looking to the wrong side of the night sky and didn't see a thing this time i hope to see a display or if anything at least be observing in the right direction. I'd have been looking to South as The constellation of Orion is there in the winter lol glad I asked!

Archived