SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sh2-132

johnrt

Afternoon people,

I have felt a little jealous recently, there have been some really high quality images posted here on SGL from a number of members. Watching from the sidelines I have spent the last 2 and a half months either separated from my kit or cursed with defective gear. But, if astro imaging wasn't anything other than frustrating and difficult, everyone would be doing it!!  :grin:

I've been chipping away at this nebula over the last few weeks and have managed to capture 10 hours in Ha & OIII using 3nm Astrodon filters. I binned the OIII 2x2 for extra signal and shot 900 sec subs for both filters. The Ha was applied to RED, OIII to BLUE and GREEN was created as a blend of both, in a method similar to the  Steve Cannistra technique.

The rest of the gear is as ever the 6"RC, Atik 460ex which now rides on a lovely AZEQ6 GT (thank you FLO!!)

I hope you like!  :tongue: 

15394272219_e40a6d256e_b.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spectacular detail, really impressive - is it at native focal length? You processing is spot-on, very natural and delicate looking.

The RC is reduced to about 900mm focal length with an astro physics ccdt67 telecompressor. This makes it f/6 which is not the quickest DSO scope out there, but very useable. The native f/9 would be a none starter in my opinion.

Archived