Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nebulosity3 capture problems with SX Lodestar-C

rkc

I've been trying to understand how Bayer masks work (and the one in the Lodestar C is a little odd - CYMG2 I think).

I had some images I took during a rare break in the clouds and was trying to see if I could pull any data out of them. I tried various different settings for the debater process in Nebulosity and in PixInsight, and some looked better than others, but I wasn't convinced any of them were "right", so today I did some experimenting with an image that I _knew" what the colours should be.

i attached the Lodestar-C to a Canon lens and took a set of images at 500ms exposure of a stack of books (yellow, red and green) using both Lodestar Live (0.10) and Nebulosity3, and ran the images through the PicInsight batch CMYK debater process with each of the 8 possible offset values in turn, so that I would know for future reference what the "correct" values were.

For the images from LodestarLive, it was pretty obvious what the right settings were - there were 4 that looked very grey, and 3 with false colour, but just one with approximately correct colour), which is what I expected. But for the images from Nebulosity, none of the 8 were correct. 4 were very grey, and 4 had vertical colour banding).

I dug a bit further to try to see what the differences might be, and I noticed that the stated resolution of the fits files from Nebulosity was different (779 by 580) from the ones captured by Lodestar Live (752 * 580), the latter being correct according to the specs as far as I can see.

So now I am even more confused than I was before. Has anyone else tried capturing from a Lodestar C using Nebulosity3?

Archived