Do I need a FF/FR with this setup???

My current setup is a SW ED80 with the SW FF/FR and a Canon 1100D

I will shortly be changing the Canon 1100D for a Starlight Xpress SXVF H9C.

Should I be connecting the CCD to the SW FF/FR or just use the nosepiece straight into the focuser and not use the FF/FR ????

Pros and Cons ???

Thanks in advance.

You will definitely want to use the FF/FR you still need the flat field but the improvement in F ratio is also important, just remember you need to space you camera the correct distance away from the FF/FR it should be 55mm

You will need a M48 female to T2 male adaptor from the FF/FR with takes up around 5mm of spacing. The SXV H9 spacing is 17.5mm from the front face to the chip' which leaves 32.5mm. As always there is some element of adjustment, therefore I would recommend the Baader 29-46mm varilock system which you can fine tune and lock at your required distance. A handy bit of kit.

Steve

Thanks Guys - I guess if I was using the CCD with my 200PDS (unlikely!) that I wouldnt need the FF/FR ???

My first question here is about whether you think that the reducer / flattener you have for the ED80 is compatible with the 200PDS?

Archived