Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Post and a Few Recent Images

schmeah

Hi all. I've been enjoying browsing this site and have been very impressed by all the great images. I hope its ok for me to post a few of my recent images for comments and critique. I have just begun imaging with my new mount, an Avalon M-Uno, initially at short FL but plan to image again at 2500mm once I get used to the mount and hope to get some feedback here. I image from light polluted northern New Jersey with a QSI 540 wsg and SVR90T and am pending replacement of my damaged 10"LX200R. Thanks for looking.

Derek

post-39299-0-08781500-1413512041_thumb.j

post-39299-0-39833500-1413512115.jpg

post-39299-0-52985100-1413512129.jpg

Hi Derek, you mentioned a damaged 10" SCT. Are you repairing? If it is beyond repair might I suggest at TPO10" RC. It is an amazing scope for the price, I bought the metal tube version and it is so thermally stable I couldn't believe my eyes when I was watching autofocus through out the night. Fixed mirror also so no mirror flop.

JB

Hi Derek, you mentioned a damaged 10" SCT. Are you repairing? If it is beyond repair might I suggest at TPO10" RC. It is an amazing scope for the price, I bought the metal tube version and it is so thermally stable I couldn't believe my eyes when I was watching autofocus through out the night. Fixed mirror also so no mirror flop.

JB

Hi JB. I already sold my 10"LX200R for parts. I was thinking about either the new Meade f/8 10" ACF or a 9.25 Edge HD. The TPO looks very impressive on preliminary reading. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look into this further.

Derek

Archived