Narrowband

Accidental Horsehead

Andrew*

After my M42 success, I slewed vaguely over to the Horsehead vicinity, switched on 3x60 sec exposures and hoped for the best. Nothing but stars on the screen, so I promptly moved on to M1. Little did I know, but I actually did get the old horsey, and have pulled him out by the ear in registax and photoshop. The divide is yet another of registax's mysteries :wink:. Also tried to false colour it but couldn't get it to look even half decent.

4305_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It's not much of a pic, and it shouldn't be for an accident, but it gives me much hope :)

Andrew

Yep, he's there alright, large as life. 3 minutes was a pretty short duration, so the chip must be lively Andrew.

All you need is experience, and these images will start to bloom mate.

Enthusiasm is a prime ingredient, and you have plenty of that.

Ron. :wink:

thanks a lot :wink:

Another problem is that DSS will only take individual pics (not avis), so I go into K3 to export them as BMPs. For some reason K3 didn't like this AVI, so I couldn't open these shots in DSS.

Anj

Now that's the kind of accident I wouldn't mind having! :wink: Very strange that 'perforation' line down the middle but it can be removed.

Bearing in mind what you said regarding false colour I had a quick try and have to agree it is a tricky one to work on. To save time I took advantage of the mystery line and just did half the frame. :) Applied red,magenta and yellow photo filters in Photoshop to separate layers and then used the dodge,burn and sponge tools. Think the image should have been cleaned up a bit more first but anyway this the result.

Cheers

CW

(click as usual)

P.S. It looks better from a distance.............. the further the better!

Archived