Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader zoom on C8

hobsey

In between doing jobs at work I've been trying to find some reviews of the Baader Zoom MK3 being used on a C8 or a 127mak.

With no luck I thought I would put it out there on SGL to see if anyone of here can confirm if it is any good on any of these 2 scopes as I'm planning to sell off my collection of BSTs to fund it.

I do like the idea of having the one eyepiece which I can just stick in my pocket meaning less to carry around with my my grab and go setup.

What do people think then? Is the Baader good on slow scopes?

Clear skies.

I think it will do pretty well. When I had one I tended to use it as an 8-20mm zoom because I felt the 24mm setting was too narrow for my taste and had a fuzzy field stop. The field of view is not a full 50 degrees as per the spec at 24mm. On the other hand it's a wee bit wider than the spec at the 8mm setting :smiley:

So you may want to hang onto your 25mm BST.

My zoom is fine in my C8 ,I use mine in my f5.9 sd66 for grab and go and it performs great as long as you don't expect a perfect edge.

Don't think you will part with it once you have it :-).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived