Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

Can anybody help, I have all but given up trying to get this working. I've downloaded the latest firmware, installed programme on windows 8 PC. But it will not update, I have managed on one occasion to download the packages but it then does nothing when seeking the scope. Or it finds the scope and and the cfm_1.9.4200.zip file just sits their. Java up to date, I'm all but ready to accept it has been an expensive white elephant. Can anybody help please.

Just a thought does the port on the handset match the port on the PC have a look in control panel - device manager they should both match if not change the port number on PC to match!

otherwise PC wont be able to see the handset.

Hi and welcome to SGL!!

Edited by daiwelly
  • Like 1

Thank you will probably be another 24 hours before I can check it out.

• Like 1

This also applies to synscan handsets, you are looking in device manager - USB - Serial Adapter ( this is what should appear in the list or something similar ) just change the port number to match the firmware panel as above video same as what is showing on your firmware updater it may not be 7 as shown in video never the less both port numbers should match.

Still appear to be having same problem. Tried looking at port numbers etc. firmware manager will tell me it has identified my scope, second box down where packages should download has the title of the file but will not download third box just says waiting for Internet or device scan, on clicking it, it just scans for the scope. The closest I have gotten it to work is on a Mac, all packages downloaded no problem but then it could not find the camera.

Have you unzipped the zip file first and run the unzipped cfm jar file? It won't work running directly from the zip file. Just a thought.

I have had no issues running cfm on windows 7 or linux following the instructions. Could be windows 8 'thing'.

Right I am now on a windows 7 PC same problem as with Mac book it will download and update hand control but cannot find camera got no where with windows 8 so I know I must be close to solving this.

Do you have the camera connected to the pc on a separate usb cable and also to the mount?

updated mine last night , the update manager download has a jpg showing how everything should be connected up - although i did have a problem at first with it saying it couldnt download the updates but ticked the box that says check for new updates and restarted and it downloaded a newere version that worked first time

What mount are you using? I had the same problem with my CG-5 until Celestron Support sent me a replacement splitter cable, that solved all my problems :)

Hi there,

I had a similar issue - try going to the "CFM" tab at the top left, select work offline, then again which should refresh its status and download the packages.

Hi

what handset is it for if its for a prodigy 130 it will not be able to update..