Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

bruno

M31 & Heart nebula

Here's  my first attempt at a nebula & a galaxy, took at kelling heath last week stacked in dss then run through free trial nebulosity ( hence the diagonal lines )  then stretched in fits liberator & finally p/s

post-36036-0-39566300-1412540486_thumb.j

post-36036-0-42299600-1412540510_thumb.j

• Like 4

looks very good.  I've got an attempt at the heart nebula that I'm half-heartedly (no pun intended) working on processing.  Taken with an unmodded DSLR so the nebulosity is almost invisible, ho hum.

You need to take flats btw, you've got a dust bunny in almost the same place in both frames, middle-bottom.

• Like 1

Nice, these show real potential with some calibration frames and non-trial software ;)

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Very nice! As has been said, do darks and flats. I'm not familiar with FITS Liberator. How does that compare with stretching in PS??

Alexxx

You've got a couple of very nice images there. As already said, calibration frames will help to lift them even more. Well done though.

thanks everyone for your comments,  the captures for the heart nebula was 220 secs@iso800 16 lights, 8darks & 8 Bias, the M31 was 10 lights, 7darks & 7bias @ 240 secs & iso800.

Fits liberator you stretch R,G & B separately before you put them back together  in P/S then you can stretch them a little more

Here is the link for the video 

and its free