SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Saturn image for 2 years :)

russ

Got out last night in the end. Looked like Metoffice had hashed things up but just as i was giving up the skies cleared a bit.

Taken with an Orion Optics 6" f8 Newtonian, double stacked 3x and 2x cheap barlows and a mono chipped Toucam Pro. The scope was working at f40. Wanted to use my IR Pass filter but could barely see Saturn on the screen, even with max gain.

405 frames stacked from 795 using Registax 4. No processing as i'm in a bit of rush right now. So straight from Registax. A promising revival to my imaging career :wink:

Russ

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. It wasn't the best of nights. Seeing was only 4/10 and i was picking holes in the clouds which made focus tricky.

Some extra info:

gamma - 0%

brightness - 40%

gain - 75%

shutter - 1/25th sec

5 fps

Scope - Orion Optics 150 f8 Hilux

Barlow - Astronomica 2x & 3x barlows stacked

Camera - Toucam Pro 740K mono chipped

Software - K3CCD v1.2 and Registax v4.0.1.1

Could really do with an AE Imagemate 4x. Would decrease the image scale but hopefully increase the brightness to reduce the gain or be able to use the IR Pass filter. Also need a filter wheel and RGB filters. Just can't afford any of it.

Regards

Russ

The first time I saw saturn (a few nights back) I was so excited that I immediately ran back into the house and dragged my boyfriend out so he could see it too. He was equally impressed.

Peace and Clear Skies.

Becky.

Archived