Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon 04/10/14

Pippa01

So here is my first attempt at lunar imaging. I am hoping to learn more and get better (and be able to afford more equipment) :wink:  Considering I have had my scope for 18 months, I have had plenty of time to practice however it took me well over a year to get the flippin mount for my camera!! Anyway, here it is. Any tips greatly appreiciated.

post-29995-0-16705900-1412459821_thumb.j

Way better than my first attempt at the moon with a DSLR. I'm sure if you took multiple images and stacked them you'd get an even clearer image. I guess registax could do that for you although I'm not sure as I'm pretty new to this lark myself and have only used Registax for stacking webcam video.

Great effort, next stop Andromeda (when the moon disappears)?

Wow great shot! Stacking is not hard, I'm sure there is a thread here about it too. As Steve said there's registax or there are other all-in-one softwares too (imaging, editing, stacking) like Nebulosity, but not free. Keep at it, looks great!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived