Narrowband

First guided image for Roy

royholl

For my first guided image I decided to go for NGC2903 so that I could compare it with a previous unguided image.

The first image is guided 12x300second ISO800 350D at prime focus on a 10” Newtonian at F4.8. Guided with the OpticStar guide camera and ED80 using PHD.

For the second image I also took one hour worth of images but only half got into the stack and the exposures were only 180 seconds each. Apart from the guide setup the same equipment was used for this image.

I am very pleased with this result a now I know how it all works I am looking forward to spending the clear nights imaging instead of testing the equipment and working out how it all works. :hello1: :hello1:

NGC2903-rough-web.jpg

NGC290311-02-08.jpg

Just shows what a difference guiding can make. It makes your second image now look like it was out of focus - buckets more detail, round stars out to the edge excellent. :hello1:

Hope to go down the guiding route myself in the near future.

cheers

RB

Thanks for all your kind comments folks. I am going to reprocess the image and see if I can improve it, I can see there are some other fuzzy in the image as well I shall see if I can identify them. :wink:

Archived