Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from New Jersey

schmeah

Hi all. I have been imaging from well lit Morristown, NJ USA for several years now. I am a member of a few astro sites. However, whenever I do a random search of various topics, I find that I am often directed here, where there seems to be a wealth of information offered by very friendly and knowledgeable folk. I image with a QSI 540 wsg at both long (10" LX200R) and short (90mm SV Raptor) focal lengths and just recently purchased an Avalon M Uno mount. I've not encountered anyone in the US yet using Avalon mounts but I've seen a few threads on them here. Hope its ok if I hang around the site and maybe even contribute a bit now and again.

Derek

www.pbase.com/dsantiago

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS: Heck, I'll even ask the first question. How did you get this lovely shot of M57?

http://www.pbase.com/dsantiago/image/122732399

Thanks -- Joel.

Thanks Joel and all for the kind welcome. Sorry for the delayed reply. That shot of m57 is one of my older images so I don't remember the details, though do recall it was my first real attempt at long exposures through the SCT. I think it might have been 15 minute Ha subs to bring out the halo. It was a bear stretching the faint data from the halo without blowing out the core. It require very creative use of levels anf filters. Looking at it now, it looks way over processed.

Derek

Archived