Narrowband

M1...data from December, January and February.

RobH

Hello all,

Well, I've just had the first of 2 days off and have plenty of time on my hands so decided to get all of the data I've gathered on M1 and see what I could do with it.

The first session was on December 10th....16 x 4 minutes of Ha data with the Atik 16HR @ F6.3 ON the 14 inch. Chucked away 10 subs due to wind.

Second session was Jan 27th, 26 of 34 subs, again 4 minutes. 14 inch @ F5, Atik 16HRC

Third batch was 9 x 6 minutes, 16 HRC, 14 inch @ F5

Guiding with my TAL 100R, DSI Pro, PHD

I aligned and combined everything with Maxim DL but had a few problems due to the fact that at the time of my January session, I hadn't found the correct focal reducer position so was getting pretty bad coma in the corners.

Consequently, although I got Maxim to align the bulk ofthe image, there was still a fair bit of manual labour involved, and a lot of going back to the beginning and trying different approaches.

I did as well as I could to fix this using layers in PSCS2, with a duplicate layer set to 'DARKEN' and nudging the stars around, but some is still evident....c'est la vie...all a learning process :wink:

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-133877338576_thumb.jpg

Forgot to say in my first post, the Ha data was added as a luminance layer, but only at 25% opacity...just used it to bring out the filamentary details.

Cheers

Rob

Archived