Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

aFOV looking for a little help

Jem7

Hello all,

I am trying to set up my ocular views in Stellarium for my Meade ETX70. I have 3 standard Meade MA eyepieces 25mm, 12mm and 4mm

Stellarium has accepted those eyepieces and calculated the magnification for each one correctly. However, it also needs the aFOV for each eyepiece.

Could someone please be kind enough to point me in the right direction to find this information or explain how to calculate it.

Many thanks

Just found a reference to the Meade MA eyepieces from BillP's book and they give the AFOV as 40 degrees.

It also says the source was Meade

Apparently on P284 and it says Meade Series 2 MA Eyepieces.

Odd thing is that it appears to be the full book online and I didn't think that it was available online as that makes it Free?

So I will not supply the link, may however PM Bill from the CN site.

Looks as if abouit half the book is present up to P286, prior to that some are removed as "Not part of the review" however still seems that about half the book is available,but as the MA bit squeezes in that is all required for the question.

Archived