Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

I am new to Astrophotography and have a canon 700D un-modded camera, when I stack these in the RAW format DSS brings them in as "Greyscale", some people suggest this may be because cannon have changed the format of the RAW data.

Is there any way of these being imported in the correct colour format?

I am hoping to post process in Pixinsite

I have tried exporting them as Tiff format but on 30 pictures my computer quickly runs out of memory whilst processing.

Any help / thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Have you tried the beta version of DSS that is better equipped for newer canon camera raw files?

All raws are processed by DSS as greyscale, don't worry about that, the colour information is there. If you use the DSS adjustments, you need to increase the saturation slider by 20 to 25%. However, as the DSS adjustments are not easily tunable, it's better to process the data stacked by DSS in PS (save with adjustments embedded, rather than applied).

If the resultant image is showing a thin strip in the middle of the screen, then the version of DSS you're using does not have the correct raw codec, and you should update to the latest beta release to ensure you have full raw codec support.

• Like 2

I thought that was normal for RAW files, all mine come in as grayscale, using a 60Da.

• Like 1

Still not sure why they come in as greyscale, i have used the up to date version of DSS, still no joy.
Had to add some colour in PS, but still looks false & greyscale.

Please see attached..!

Any comments good or bad would be helpfull!.

post-38000-0-77694500-1412374991_thumb.j

How are you saving the for from DSS ? I'd say your saving with adjustments applied. Grab a screen shot of the save dialog box and post it here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If your going to post process in PI why not pre process in PI too?

I would suggest loading a raw sub into PI, de bayer and do a quick stretch to make sure it's all handled correctly. If it works use the batch preprocessing script.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BW is normal in Dss . When you import the data into your primary editing software and adjust, the colors should become visible...