Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can't decide on scope!!!

Hey guys

I am looking at purchasing a 80ED scope for starting DSO imaging, i know some people would say get something cheap see how you get on and upgrade later, but i feel that is false economy.  Therefore i have my eye on 2 scopes and really can't decide between them. and just need some help.

Do these things really make a big difference?  

Skywatcher Equinox 80 APO PRO OTA      Skywatcher Evostar 80ED DS-Pro     Difference 
F stop                                6.25                                                          7.5                                         1.25
focal lenth                       500mm                                                    600mm                                    100mm

I am swaying more to the Skywatcher Equinox 80 APO PRO OTA due to the faster F stop but i lose out 100mm focal length . Can anyone advise me please.

Skywatcher Equinox 80 APO PRO OTA

Skywatcher Evostar 80ED DS-Pro

Cheers :)

Craig

I have the 80mm Equinox pro and I am very pleased with the whole package.

I must say the build quality and more importantly the performance is excellent. the scope is a tad heavier than I thought it would be, considering how short it is, but it is in no way a problem.

Please bare in mind that you do not get a diagonal with the Equinox and I am not sure if you do with the evostar.

HTH you decide :smiley:

Kropster,

I cant be totally sure but I think one of the reasons why the Equinox comes without a diagonal is for AP reasons ( why pay for what you may not need reasoning)

I don't do AP so as for colour dispersion I cannot comment. However, I believe they share the same type of optics.

Archived