Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep14_banner.thumb.jpg.27eb9b06c9c8a1fe5ac3bae21c92743b.jpg

Alright, my first contact with light pollution...

i was able to rescue the picture to a certain extent. Level adjustment was made with cinepaint 0.24, basically a GIMP offspring that can deal with floating point and 16 bit TIFFs. It can even work with FITS, but it has some file export issues--

post-38788-0-69361300-1412200030_thumb.j

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Frankiej90
      Hi all,
      Newbie to the forum but I just wanted to share some shots with you that I managed to get over the weekend. Got the Milky Way and even a few of NEOWISE which was amazing to witness 😊
      Milky Way - 5 x 20 seconds stacked (not tracked), 11mm, F/2.8, ISO 800
      NEOWISE Landscape shot - Single exposure, 8 seconds, 16mm, F/2.8, ISO 800
      NEOWISE Stack 1 - 2 x 10 seconds, 16mm, F/2.8, ISO 800
      NEOWISE Stack 2 - 2 x 13 seconds, 55mm, F/5.6, ISO 1600 
      For a first real attempt, I'm pretty pleased with them but obviously, I have a lot more to learn! 
      Frankie

• By KevinPSJ
      Wide angle shot of Milky Way in Cygnus. 10 min total (4 subs of 2.5 min each) at ISO 100. Nikon D3200 with kit lens at 18mm (f/5.6). Tracking on a skywatcher 150p EQ3-2 mount - no guiding.
    • By mih
      Hi, I'm a beginner and I want to buy something for my telescope. I have a Bresser 6 inch Newtonian(750mm focal length) I have 2 lenses, 9mm, 25mm, a moon filter and a 2x barlow. What would be the next thing to get? I was thinking maybe a solar filter, a light pollution filter since i am stuck at home, idk. What are your thoughts on this?
    • By kryptonite
      I'm not experienced with LRGB imaging, so thought i'd give it a go on M81. However, when i combine the 4 individually processed integrations i end up with horrible colour hues across the image - they're all aligned and wotnot. Am i running into the issues of light pollution (inside the M25), which i can only remove with aggressive DBE application?  Individual files attached.

• By Scooot
      I was told by a friend who has close ties with the council that Basildon District are abandoning their part-night lighting in a few weeks. Apparently the street lights which currently go off at 1am are going to be left on at cost of circa £275,000 per year. They are supposedly going to fund this from reserves.
      Anyway, did a bit of googling and found this  https://www.basildon.gov.uk/article/7711/In-the-news-Councillors-united-behind-plan-to-switch-street-lights-back-on-through-night
      I wonder how many people will notice!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.