Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st DSO since May, M52 (NGC7654) + Bubble nebula (NGC7635)

Pete Presland

1st DSO since May. took around 30 x 180 second subs, of which only 12 were usable due to guiding problems. certainly picked up more of the Bubble with the modded camera than last time, with the standard camera. seems pretty tricky getting the guiding consistant with the tube almost verticle.

M52 (NGC7654) + Bubble nebula (NGC7635) 12 x 3mins, 5 x darks, 8 x flats. modded canon 350d + 200PDS.

to be honest the JPEG doesnt really do it full justice.

post-5271-0-44615200-1412195735_thumb.jp

any advice/comments as always gratefully recieved!

Good capture! Keep em coming!

You've got a gradient across the lower part of the screen, could probably be compensated for with a synthetic flat. Would like to see a bit more color intensity overall.

Try uploading a PNG and you will have an uncompressed image instead of a JPG.

Very good mate your right about the scope being vertical I lost 8 subs the other night on this one when the scope hit the tripod legs tut tut should have been keeping my eye on it but fell asleep in the chair lol I found using 5min subs on ISO 400 worked well at reducing the noise levels but you still need about 20 or 30 of them to get what your really want. Just need a night when the clouds stay away all flipping night for a change.

Good capture! Keep em coming!

You've got a gradient across the lower part of the screen, could probably be compensated for with a synthetic flat. Would like to see a bit more color intensity overall.

Try uploading a PNG and you will have an uncompressed image instead of a JPG.

thanks, i had a read about them last night  and will give it a go.

Very good mate your right about the scope being vertical I lost 8 subs the other night on this one when the scope hit the tripod legs tut tut should have been keeping my eye on it but fell asleep in the chair lol I found using 5min subs on ISO 400 worked well at reducing the noise levels but you still need about 20 or 30 of them to get what your really want. Just need a night when the clouds stay away all flipping night for a change.

i think mine is a balance issue, it seems very hard to stop the OTA wanting to tip backwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived