Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3rd East Anglian Meet (Messier Marathon?)

RayS

Hi Guys

I just wondered if there might be any interest in doing a Messier Marathon sometime in the next few weeks (apparently its that time of year) or even just a meet up again if that doesn't appeal?

Ray

Whilst we're on the subject of meetings - I am going to propose that I give a demonstration on how to mod a SPC900NC webcam for long exposure. There is a proviso though; someone will have to buy it afterwards. The cost will be less than £60. Anyone interested?

Oh, and only if it's cloudy.

Steve

Whilst we're on the subject of meetings - I am going to propose that I give a demonstration on how to mod a SPC900NC webcam for long exposure. There is a proviso though; someone will have to buy it afterwards. The cost will be less than £60. Anyone interested?

Oh, and only if it's cloudy.

Steve

Great idea Steve! (Do you want to try on my Toucam Pro II for free !! :wink::))

As Rog says i'm looking to organise a meet soon. Work commitments and health issues are dominating my time at the moment but maybe end of March sort of time??

See you all soon

Bill£ :)

Hi all,

I very much hope to be able to join you all at the next meet :hello1: However I freely admit to being very new to all of this and only know a few Messier targets so would probably just be there for a more leisurely look around the sky.

I can certainly bring my scope though in the hope of a nice clear night :stars:

:wave: Ian :wave:

so would probably just be there for a more leisurely look around the sky.

That's what we do Ian - nothing too heavy I can assure you. :wink:

Oh and of course there's the coffee and doughnuts!! :)

I will try and organise with Dave (Centroid) the next date bearing in mind Steve's reminder above. I think Dave will be at Kelling as well?

Cheers

Bill£ :)

Speaking of leisurely, thought I might bring a reclining chair and the 15x70 binos on a parallelogram mount this time. Great for just moosing around and pretty good for the bigger Messier objects.

Haven't got a mounting adaptor for the p-mount on any of the proper tripods but I can probably improvise something in the meantime.

Tony

Yep, I will be at Kelling, from Thurs April 3rd until Sun Apr 6th Bill.

Anytime between now and then is pretty much ok with me, but keep in mind that tha clocks go forward 1 hour, near the end of this month.

Dave

yup the 30th i believe Dave so have to be the weekend before i guess

Rog

Yup, BST starts 30th March.

The weekend before is Easter. As I have said to Dave, that could be a double edged sword, people will either have a free weekend or be visiting/entertaining??

How does everyone feel about the Sunday 23rd (EASTER SUNDAY)??

Cheers

Bill£

oh heck yes , lol well looks like March is out of the frame then, and i,m away the first two weekends in April as well , oh well folks , looks like an autumn one again then ,

Unless anyone just wants a get together in the spring /summer, just for maybe processing , camera modifications etc .

Rog

Oh dear this isn't looking too promising :wink:

What about the 15th / 16th - too soon ?

Ian

They are both OK for me, what about the others?

As a newcomer, I'd rather like to try some observing if the weather is OK but have the image processing or Web Cam mods if its cloudy or raining.

Ray

15th/16th is ok with me, but there would be more chance of getting the venue on a Sunday evening.

Not saying that the Saturday will be otherwise booked, but it could be, as Saturday evenings are a popular time for other events.

Dave

Ok Guys, we've had a bit of discussion over the PM's and I reckon the 16th is favourite. Otherwise with Easter and Kelling it will be late April (then we are starting to have probs with light evenings if we want to observe)

I will start a new thread to announce the date otherwise it might get lost in here?

Cheers

Bill£ :wink:

• 7 months later...

Archived