Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lynn peninsula camping Aberdaron

Daniel-K

I know!!! Don't rub it in :-). However it doesn't have the luxury of hot bath and roast dinner in Bakewell on the Sunday night if needed :-). Relatives live there :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know!!! Don't rub it in :-). However it doesn't have the luxury of hot bath and roast dinner in Bakewell on the Sunday night if needed :-). Relatives live there :-)

yeah but cold cleat sky's big aperture beats a hot bath any day of the week :D  hope you guys have a decent time at psp this year just not worth it for me with skys this dark so close to home. 

yeah but cold cleat sky's big aperture beats a hot bath any day of the week :D hope you guys have a decent time at psp this year just not worth it for me with skys this dark so close to home.

Yep, totally agreed, makes absolute sense for you. It's a 5 hour plus drive for me though so needs some planning in.

Hoping to change the car soonish for something less fun but more sensible so will be able to fit the dob in.

As said though, I'll get up there sooner or later :-)

Looks dreadful - it'll never catch on :)

What a wonderful site and hope you have a great few days - at least if you do then it will probably be OK for us too! Wish I could argue the point over dark skies but Wales is always going to win that one...

If you set something up in Spring, I would be well up for a weekend of Messier hunting at a place like that...

Yep, totally agreed, makes absolute sense for you. It's a 5 hour plus drive for me though so needs some planning in.

Hoping to change the car soonish for something less fun but more sensible so will be able to fit the dob in.

As said though, I'll get up there sooner or later :-)

hahahaha 5hrs Stu...takes faulksy that from wrexham!..ps its more like 7hrs from your door,takes me about 4hrs from Cheadle,(which is nowhere near Stoke)

hahahaha 5hrs Stu...takes faulksy that from wrexham!..ps its more like 7hrs from your door,takes me about 4hrs from Cheadle,(which is nowhere near Stoke)

You've not driven with me before, have you ;-)

More seriously, google maps says 5 1/2 hours from mine, assuming ok traffic. Still a long way!

You've not driven with me before, have you ;-)More seriously, google maps says 5 1/2 hours from mine, assuming ok traffic. Still a long way!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah good luck with that 5 1/2 hrs mate. Took me 7 1/2 from Sutton both times I've been, the motorways getting there are a nightmare. Think I'll go at night next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Jealousy, is my sin!

I went to Aberdaron in the Spring. You can probably catch my post on here. The darkest, clearest skies with 4 nights cloudless views. Outstanding.

Next time you going message me direct and I will deploy the camping gear

Rick

Archived