A Dream Almost Fullfilled

Heavy sigh... having obtained my fantasy hardware, I'm set to attend a small local star party and use my equipment for first light. I've just put it together at home for the first time and I can't stop gazing at it as though it were a statue. The weather APPEARS set to cooperate although I've just doomed it by making that observation. Clear skies please!!!?post-22697-141183027774_thumb.jpgpost-22697-141183029391_thumb.jpg

Yeah it's mostly for imagine but some visual. My CCD arrives Tuesday, a QSI 683wsg. Hopefully I'll be posting my own images soon.

very nice! bet that setup cost a fair bit! are you going to be imaging with it?

good luck for your 1st light

edit, is that an AZ mount?

That's correct! Just got this email from Wallace Parker...

The weather of course is my fault. So your in Birmingham also?!

Chandler Mountain is re-scheduled for tonight but weather is iffy according to the

National Weather Service at both sites.

" Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. East wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%."

You are a member so if you want to try it then check our web site's home page for direction to the site.

Our next FREE star party dates at Oak Mountain are

OCT 25, Nov 15 and Dec 13..

Nowhere near you, over in the UK, I was over that way some years ago, doing an odd bit of work in Atlanta for about 3 or 4 months. I say odd as the job was actually to watch others do the testing, but they requested a person from the UK so that when a problem was identified they had someone on hand to be a witness. I was the witness.

Actually had a damn good time over there.

Took advantage of the time and a car to visit places, Birmingham was one, Chattanooga, Augusta (golf course) Savannah (< odd place) and others.

Looks like a good road up to the CMO :grin: :grin:

Hope the weather clears.

I like the BAS star party rules - stay away from the hand glider take off ramp, there is a 1000ft drop at the end of it. :eek: :eek:

And here she is with the 90mm Stellarvue mounted atop...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1411915659.365122.jpg

Nice photo in there! You and your family?

Looks a nice drum throne too....I really must get one. Never thought to keep mine when I sold my kit many years ago. Great for observing.

And lovely looking scope, of course! I wish you many clear nights with it.

Enjoy the party :)

Archived