Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Ganymede12

Where do you get your astronomy news?

Pretty much as the title says. What websites do you use for astronomy related news? I've been using S@N and AAS but the problem with magazines is that the news is only updated once a month, and alot can happen in a month! So what is your favorite astro-news site?

Mostly SGL for me!

The only stuff that particularly interests me is news of comets or supernovae.

I keep an eye on a number of aurora forecast sites when the sun is active.

No great interest in current research these days. It's all a bit too esoteric and academic.

I lost interest in exoplanets before they even identified any....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Principally it's Space.com, S&T, and the ISS HQ for times and directions of flybys. I just subscribed to the One Minute Astronomer, but not sure yet if that's breaking news or more feature oriented....

Can I ask what astro news ??

If general stargazing then usually one or two forums and just about anything that offers up bits of information, basically just about anywhere.

Actually I update my earlier statement - Bad Astronomy used to be good for Astro news. It seems to be more about politics now...

I've put a few RSS feeds onto the front page of my website, which get daily updates  - I'm always on the lookout for any new feeds so looking forward to what might turn up in other postings on this thread.

A lot of e-mail clients can be configured to receive RSS feeds.

I have an RSS feed to Phys.org Astronomy News.

You can also just look at the Astronomy News section on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

EarthSky News, Space.com & Livescience.com, these three I get daily email updates. I also have the NASA App & of course SGL.

Here, mainly. Also getting into Twitter, which is surprisingly OK once you get past the nonsense!

I guess I tend more towards space exploration and sciency bits so I enjoy the feeds from @NASA and @ESA, though I also follow some of the local astro socs, too.

Thanks for the suggestions! I already looked at Nasa's website and I've just had a look at Earthsky. Both look good, thanks for the links!