Ts optics 110 deg eps

triton1

Just seen on fleabay that Ts are selling a range of 110 deg eps for £279.They look the same as sw myriads which in turn are WO.I thought they where 100 deg or is this a new range and not a typo.They come in fls 3.5,5,9 and 20mm.At that price would they give ethos a run for the money.They also come with 2 inch skirts.

The 5mm and 3.5mm are 110 degrees while the 9mm and 20mm are 100's. I've had a Myriad 9mm 100 on loan for testing for a while now and a William Optics XWA 9mm and they are identical and rather good :smiley:

I believe Skywatcher will be bringing out the other focal lengths in the Myriad range soon and I'll hopefully be able to give those a try too.

I think we will see this design under quite a number of brandings in due course.

The 9mm seems pretty sharp across the field of view in my F/5.3 dobsonian. In faster scopes coma (from the scope) could be the dominant aberration. The eye relief seems a bit tighter than the claimed 13mm, certainly tighter than the 15mm that my Ethos 8mm has and the inflexible eyecup of the Myriad types could become a factor. Not one for those that wear glasses when observing I feel. Very immersive eyepiece though and a lot less expensive than the Ethos too.

Archived