Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Andromeda Galaxy

tingting44

Well i can not keep lurking in the getting started with imaging section lol and this is "my" best image to date so far so i thought i would post here in the deep sky section.....greetings! :D

24 x 10 min subs @ ISO800

39 darks matched to light temps

82 flats

800 bias

part 1 of 6 imaging sessions planned 

SW 130-pds

HEQ5

Baader LP filter

SW Coma corrector

Canon 7D

DSS,PS CS5

i could keep on playing and playing with this, maybe i have gone a touch too far on the processing side......but im kind of happy with it for now, i think i have stretched as much data out as i can i just need more data now (another 25hours which i am aiming for) not going to spend too long on the processing side of things for this 1st sessions data as a lot more will being added, so for now this is what 4 hours worth of subs is looking like....

15147531728_ebb0956971_c.jpg

M31 by tingting44, on Flickr

I like it a lot. Arguably you've gone a bit crazy with the sharpening but it makes for an interesting treatment, it's good to see different interpretations. I see it as a two level image, with the cloudiness of Andromeda behind the foreground stars and dust lanes. I can almost see it as a 3D sculpture.

liking that a lot Martin, you must be pleased with that one

Thanks, i am pleased, just want more data now to see what difference it makes, will be my 1st time shooting an image more than 1 night

I like it a lot. Arguably you've gone a bit crazy with the sharpening but it makes for an interesting treatment, it's good to see different interpretations. I see it as a two level image, with the cloudiness of Andromeda behind the foreground stars and dust lanes. I can almost see it as a 3D sculpture.

Thanks

That is awesome really sharp and love the colours

Thank you

Lovely!

This will be my target next week.

thanks

good luck for your session, how many hours are you looking at getting in total

very nice martin

thanks

Very nice indeed.

thanks

Youve nailed that dark stuff, plenty of constrast and sharpness along the inner dust lanes.

Hey Rob, thank you for your kind comments, a lot of your images have inspired me lool :D

totally love that mate, looking epic in full res

Thanks Dan, you need to hurry up and get a mount so you can start this roller coaster lol :D

I like it!!! :-)

thanks

a good 31, a fraction too much sharpening but only a minor detail

thanks, yes i think so also, but not going to worry about this data any more as i am hoping to get more subs this weekend (cloud dependent) so i will be doing a fresh stack with the new data, hopefully ill get into double figures for total exposure......we will see

Archived