Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Maxim users - how to set the guider delay value?

Martin-Devon

I have Maxim 5.23 version, and at the moment my Lodestar guider delay is set to the default of 5 seconds - so the main CCD pauses for 5 seconds whilst the Lodestar guider settles before it lets the main CCD start it's 600 second imaging run.

I've noticed on occasions though that my guider needs around 20 seconds before it is fully settled, once there it's almost perfect, but it seems to want more than 5 seconds to get there sometimes. I cannot find though any way of adjusting the guider delay setting in terms of time. I can find where it lets you adjust the pixel variation before it starts, but this is not what I want. I simply want to extend the guider delay period from 5 seconds to 20 or 30 seconds - does anybody know how to do this?

Martin

Got it - thanks Sara. I'd been searching all over the guider tab for ages, advanced settings etc etc, it didn't occur to me to look under the main 'expose' tab instead! I'll give this a try next time I'm out, which with a bit of luck will be tomorrow night.

Martin

Archived