Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Roy Fairlie

Hello from Newport Gwent

Hi fellow gazers

I've been doing astronomy on and off since I was a teenager. I was given my first scope from my mum and dad one birthday and on my next adventure into gazing I built a 6-inch reflector. I later sold it due to work commitments and other boring stuff. Lately I reintroduced my self-back into astronomy when I bought an 8inch Equatorial Sky Watcher with a synscan unit. Again work and other boring stuff still plagues my observing but this time I do not intend to give up.

I intend to familiarise my self with polar alignment for the first time, view all the sights I have missed in the past and venture into astro photography.

My Astro kit collection is growing by the day and includes my 8inch Sky Watcher, Equitorial mount, Synscan unit, reticule iluminator, automatic focuser, moon filter and nebulae filter. I dare not even think about how much I will spend on additional equiptment. I'll let you into a secret but don't tell the wife, I dream of building an observatory, will that be grounds for divorce?

Greetings and welcome! You've come to a good place for finding friendly and intelligent people to confer with. We all try to help each other, so feel free to ask any questions, and answer them too!

Clear & Dark Skies,

Dave

welcome from another S Wales member , we have a S Wales section in social groups call in and say Hi and we got a meet this weekend you are most welcome to come along

Lenny

I'll let you into a secret but don't tell the wife, I dream of building an observatory, will that be grounds for divorce?

I hear the rule is if you are willing to buy the wife the equivalent in what she wants (jewellery, bags, shoes, clothing will do) then there are no grounds for divorce.

Hi Roy, just down the road from you.  Enjoy the hobby and make time for stargazing.  I bought the wife a telescope by the way, that's what started me off.

Hi Roy, Welcome to the Lounge ;) Hope you enjoy rekindling your Astronomy Habit. :)

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here. It's a friendly forum with masses of information.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Roy. Warmest welcomes from Nottingham!

Cheers

Chris

The misses got me a celestron nexstar 127slt for a birthday present bcos she couldn't take much more of me moaning whilst I was out in the back garden with my old scope !

Any feedbacks on this scope please