SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Newport Gwent

Roy Fairlie

Hi fellow gazers

I've been doing astronomy on and off since I was a teenager. I was given my first scope from my mum and dad one birthday and on my next adventure into gazing I built a 6-inch reflector. I later sold it due to work commitments and other boring stuff. Lately I reintroduced my self-back into astronomy when I bought an 8inch Equatorial Sky Watcher with a synscan unit. Again work and other boring stuff still plagues my observing but this time I do not intend to give up.

I intend to familiarise my self with polar alignment for the first time, view all the sights I have missed in the past and venture into astro photography.

My Astro kit collection is growing by the day and includes my 8inch Sky Watcher, Equitorial mount, Synscan unit, reticule iluminator, automatic focuser, moon filter and nebulae filter. I dare not even think about how much I will spend on additional equiptment. I'll let you into a secret but don't tell the wife, I dream of building an observatory, will that be grounds for divorce?

I'll let you into a secret but don't tell the wife, I dream of building an observatory, will that be grounds for divorce?

I hear the rule is if you are willing to buy the wife the equivalent in what she wants (jewellery, bags, shoes, clothing will do) then there are no grounds for divorce.

Archived