SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M31 Andromeda (130 pds)

Uranium235

Well, its been cloudy for some time now - so I thought I would process some M31 data thats been sitting around for a few weeks.

I was already happy with the colour in last years version, so all I needed to do was concentrate on getting some Lum time on this. But I do have to admit cheating a little with the flats becuase I used the Ha master flat to calibrate it  - but it seemed to work well enough! I also had to use noels LP removal action as I was shooting while it was still a bit low in the sky.

M31 Andromeda

18x600 (L) RGB from 80ED 2013 version

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6, SWCC

Thanks for looking! :)

Rob

15278514381_e1c9aca6c8_b.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks John :)  I cant quite remember how I arrived at that colour scheme, I remember it being a combination of blending lum into colour then increasing the saturation after each iteration. It tends to give better results than blend mode colour. There is little to choose between the 2013/14 versions at the moment, but more exposure might give it the edge since Andromeda is coming into prime position now. However, I have since switched back to the MPCC, so any update may have a slight loss of FOV (about 85mm worth).

Cor blimey, that's a real dazzler! Lovely image and beautifully processed.

Cheers Rob!

Thinking about it, another dose of Ha from the 130pds might be worth doing as well - I remember the original Ha for this being taken under awful conditions. So a clean layer might add a bit more zip.

Coco, on 19 Sept 2014 - 2:31 PM, said:

:afro:   need me sun specs...  fire it off to Sky at Night mate... 

Cheers Guy! :)

Will do once ive given it a final boost of a couple more hours in Lum and Ha as I'd like it to be able to stand up to a bit of pixel peeping.

PhotoGav, on 19 Sept 2014 - 8:16 PM, said:PhotoGav, on 19 Sept 2014 - 8:16 PM, said:PhotoGav, on 19 Sept 2014 - 8:16 PM, said:PhotoGav, on 19 Sept 2014 - 8:16 PM, said:

Ouch, that is some sparkling colour and razor sharp detail there! Excellent!

Out of interest, what are the colour sub details?

Let me have a quick look at my flickr page, it has the original info and..... my word.... was it really that short?

10x600 (Ha), 6x300 R&G, 8x300 B

its this version, except with the colour pushed really hard.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2869/10334652355_cc08eff1ce_c.jpg

I remember it being a bit of a battle to get it right (trying to avoid too much magenta) when pushing the blue channel, and before I combined its with the 130pds Lum data I gave it another good hammering with NR. Perhaps I really should be topping up those RGB channels! Not possible atm, as I sold my 1.25" RGB filters to fund the 2" NB filters (which get used a lot more).

Archived