SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Cheshire

Helen ACourt

I have a Celestron 130slt telescope, a Nikon D5000, Photoshop Elements and Deep Sky stacker on my laptop plus a subscription to the Sky At Night magazine. I am hoping that with this combination plus clear skies and loads of luck I will be able to capture some star and nebula pictures. I am currently struggling with focus when attaching the camera to the telescope so up till now I have nothing worth shouting about.

Hi Helen and welcome to the forum. Like any interest, astrophotography has a steep learning curve at the beginning but it soon settles down when you get the hang of things. To help you further, can I recommend that you take a look at a book by Steve Richards called "Making Every Photon Count". It's a comprehensive guide that will help guide you through the different kit and different techniques that are required to take good consistent images. Imaging doesn't have to be expensive but it is useful to have an informed overview before making any purchases because it is easy to buy the wrong kit.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum

James

Hi Helen, Welcome to the Lounge, :)

I also heartily recommend ' Making Every Photon Count' as well, read a few times, it will definitely help you out.

The main thing though is to enjoy your new Pastime, it will amaze you. :)

Archived