Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From Minnesota

LatBen

Hi my name is Ben, I'm from Minnesota. Just getting into Astronomy, I have a Meade DS-2114S model, I am hoping to purchase something much better in the near future but this one will work for now. Also any advice on making this new hobby easier will be appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ben and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here. Something that may be of use to you at this stage is to download the free planetarium software, Stellarium. This will give you some ideas about what is up there! - Always good to know :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Question: With my DS-2114 what would I need to see Saturn or Jupiter? I have a 9mm eyepiece and I am currently looking for a nice Barlow, but what else would help?

Question: With my DS-2114 what would I need to see Saturn or Jupiter? I have a 9mm eyepiece and I am currently looking for a nice Barlow, but what else would help?

Also what Barlow Lens would be best overall? (Not worried about budget)

Hi Ben and welcome to SGL, I am afraid there is no easy way to learn Astronomy other than to immerse yourself in the subject, aided by such as the forum and some good literature guides.  "Turn Left At Orion" is probably one of the most popular books written for newcomers to the hobby, with the small telescope user in mind, enjoy :)

Archived