DUAL MOUNTED SIMILAR REFRACTORS

There's that story about the dog with a bone who saw his reflection and in a moment of jealousy, drops his bone in an effort to steal the reflections thereby losing both bones.... I feel like that dog asking this.... but I just got a new FSQ. I've seen more than a few photos of FSQ's mounted with other similar sized refractors. What is the logic/purpose here?

[ATTACH]93967[/ATTACH][ATTACH]93968[/ATTACH][ATTACH]93969[/ATTACH]

Shadows are a very useful tool to have in the arsenal ...

When I'm imaging I sit inside in the shade , on a cloudy day I have learned to judge when the Sun is about to reappear not by looking up at it , but by monitoring the shadows cast on the wall next to me ...  :grin:

Lovely Steve :smiley:

Refractors with diffraction spikes - thats nice :grin:

No it isn't :D

I know some people like them and that's absolutely fair enough, but when I look at such an image it's as though the bright stars are all jumping about shouting "LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!" and I find it very distracting.  Diff'rent strokes...

James

So just so I understand. You are telling me, demanding even, that I buy another FSQ?!?! An FSQ-85?! That's what you're telling me?! You guys are leaving me with no choice?!

You could go really mad, sell the FSQ and run three (or even four!) ST80s all at once :)

James

Lovely Steve :smiley:

Refractors with diffraction spikes - thats nice :grin:

Yes I was going through my 'try anything once' stage - and, err, I like them which is why they are still there! But that is not why the image is in this thread, of course and I hope I have demonstrated why you NEED that second refractor ......

Archived