Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Millions of Suns, M52 & Bubble - QHY8 OSC

Coco

Last night was one of those rare evenings, it wasn't even suppose to be clear but it was!

Only managed 1 hour of integration..

20 x 180second subs

50 flats

50 bias

Quattro 8s

Will definitely have another go at processing this, only wish I had gone for 5 minute subs :(

Thanks for clicking..

get.jpg

That's a really good first process Guy - and with a quatro 8 as well - I don't see many of those around but they seem like they should be a good fast scope - certainly works for you :-)

David

Nice one Guy, is this uncropped? If so, I think youre pretty close to 100% round stars - the only hint of dodginess is a couple of stars in the far top right corner.... I'd be pretty happy with that!

Thanks Rob

The autocollator works a treat, nothing but a tiny left hand crop due to stacking..

Looks nearly perfect :)

Ahh, I was going to ask whether this was pre or post autocollimator.

Was this using the MPCC MkIII too?

Yes Rob, Baader MPCC MKIII , 34.47mm  spacing assuming that the QHY8 being as per drawing at 20mm  (total 54.37mm)  :)

When I rotate the CCD in the focuser there is some slight coma, I'm going to try getting that .63mm back from somewhere   :D

Yes Rob, Baader MPCC MKIII , 34.47mm  spacing assuming that the QHY8 being as per drawing at 20mm  (total 54.37mm)  :)

When I rotate the CCD in the focuser there is some slight coma, I'm going to try getting that .63mm back from somewhere   :D

little rubber bands help. That'show I did wit my DSLR's, the MPCC MKIII and the Orion Optics CT8 900mm/f4.5. it's almost perfect...:-)

Archived