SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

escaping the referendum need some targets for the canaries

asset189

jetting away from all this carry on up here for my own sanity.

Ive packed a pair of 10x50 bins and im looking for easy targets that i can't see from home. Ive had a look at stelarium and scorpious will be front and centre for the week.

Can anyone who lives in these latitudes or has knowledge of skies down there give me a few pointer please.

thanks in advance

You will be better off than me and the likes of Antares will be a little higher in the sky but it sets at a very accute angle and may well be poor well before midnight. There is a mass of things to look at to the south, living in Scotland much of this you just cannot see and I would have thought this area alone will keep you happy. Mars is getting very close to Antares now and I believe next week they are very close, so this may also be nice to view, Antares mean rival of Mars so the two so close will be on my viewing list as it only happens every so many years.

Alan. 

Archived