SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A week of Solar in the UK with Mr Stephen.W .Ramsden.

Steve Ward

Very happy to let you know that the inimitable Stephen.W.Ramsden from the "Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project" is over here for a week's visit.

There are three events planned that I know of ,

The Baker Street Irregulars have a do at 'The Hub' in Regent's Park on Thursday the 18th from 3pm onwards.

The "Flamsteed Astronomy Society" have a Solar event at the Royal Greenwich Observatory on Friday the 19th from 1pm 'til 4:45 .

And "Astronomy for Fun" have a Solar Outreach event at the 'Lunt Roman Fort' , Coventry Rd , Bagington , CV8 3AJ on Saturday the 20th .

Looking forward to meeting the 'big fella' in person , I shall be over at Bagington myself at Richard Bailey's gathering as 'central smoke' is one of my least favorite places ...  :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, due to distance and time constraints I will not be able to get to any of these events. It would of been good to meet Stephen. He is a very inspirational and philanthropic individual. He certainly seems to be working harder for the solar cause now that he has "retired". He gets about the place / world quite a bit :grin:

Ian

• 2 months later...

Gentlemen,

I certainly enjoyed my visit to the UK to promote solar astronomy.   It was a distinct pleasure to tour around with Steve Ward, Michael Hattey, Steve Collingwood, Gary Palmer, Simon Bennett and all the rest of you stuffy old Brits...lol

I think the highlight of the trip for me was watching 3 members of the Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project win awards at the ROG Astrophotographer of the Year awards, but mostly the awesome class of students at Herstmonceax observatory looking through the Coronado 90mm doublestacked telescope that we donated to the observatory for outreach.  

Archived