Just took apart my barlow and.....

50/50 chance of getting it right?

I have the Skywatcher deluxe x2 barlow and the  external glass face is flat, and just to be certain, that there is only one glass, I've undone the cell,  removed the internal collar and its concave on the inside  :grin:

A quick wipe and its back together.

For anyone else, they dont usually fall apart, we have to be inquisitive and want to clean and repair. Use your mobiles to take a few pics before, so that after is less problematic. I know, because I stripped down my Celestron eyepieces in the first week to rid the grime around their perimeters.  On one,  the glass was so small, I almost threw it away, but it  works ok now, but still didn't make any difference to the EPs contrast quality. Perhaps their plastic???????

50/50 chance of getting it right?

I have the Skywatcher deluxe x2 barlow and the  external glass face is flat, and just to be certain, that there is only one glass, I've undone the cell,  removed the internal collar and its concave on the inside  :grin:

A quick wipe and its back together.

For anyone else, they dont usually fall apart, we have to be inquisitive and want to clean and repair. Use your mobiles to take a few pics before, so that after is less problematic. I know, because I stripped down my Celestron eyepieces in the first week to rid the grime around their perimeters.  On one,  the glass was so small, I almost threw it away, but it  works ok now, but still didn't make any difference to the EPs contrast quality. Perhaps their plastic???????

Cheers for the help. :smiley:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-eyepieces/skywatcher-deluxe-2x-barlow.html

If its like this one, then the Flat side is the one you see first, external. As an aside, if it is this one, please remember that its possible to remove the lens cell  and use that only attached to an eyepiece. this reduces the Barlow to about 1.6 x power!

Yeah that looks like it, nice one. Looks like I put back together right.

Archived