SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Accommodations in near Kielder Observatory

Adamzy

Hey yous.

I am visiting Kielder Observatory soon and looking for camp sites nearby. I will be going alone via public transport so the camp site will need to be as close as possible to the observatory.

Thanks

If you have no transport then be prepared for a long walk from the campsite to the observatory. Check Google maps to see how far it is, I've never gone on foot so don't know. Also be sure to book your visit to the observatory (if you haven't already) rather than showing up on spec.

I'd second that. My wife and I planned to walk up to the observatory from the campsite when we were there, but last minute we changed our minds - thankfully - and drove. It would have been a fair hike if we hadn't.

I'm not sure of the exact distance, but I'd definitely investigate other means of getting up there...unless you like walking of course! If you do, google maps is a good idea to see how much time you'd need to leave.

Anyway, hope you have a great time. It's amazing, we loved it, and can't wait to go back! :-)

The walk from the campsite to the obby is about 40mins up and less coming down.  It's about 1.5 miles away, but peched at 1250 feet. Kielder campsite is your best option and on a clear night a good place to observe.  There is a bus up to Kielder - but check timetable.  

Enjoy,

Richard

Archived