SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron Neximage Burst - any thoughts/experience?

I've noticed that Celestron have recently brought out what appears to be a successor to the NexImage 5 - though perhaps it isn't!

Has anyone got and used one, or have any ideas of what it may be good for and where it fits into the range of cameras now available?

I was seriously considering the NexImage 5, as someone new to imaging, but if this is a successor I may as well start here! Thanks

HHHmmm. OK - 89 views so far and no-one has said anything! I guess that means no-one's got one yet.... wonder what that tells me? The astro-shops blurn tends to say it uses the next generation of the chip that the QHY5L-II uses - so my feeling was that should be a good thing (loads of people seem to like that imager).... I'll give it another couple of days!

Hi

I think it's a purely planetary camera. It's range of exposures are between 0.0001 and 1sec. It depends on what you might be considering it for?

QHY are testing a cooled qhy5l-ii at the moment and they have a 5MP colour planetary camera, the qhy5p-ii-c, if they are maybe of interest?

https://www.facebook.com/QHYCCD

I'm afraid I can't really comment on any of them, or the Neximage Burst.

Cheers

Louise

Hi Astral I recently Purchased a Neximage 5 it is very good but has a narrow field of view, I will have to purchase a reducer for Lunar photo's to widen the FOV any way have a look at this tool it will give you some idea one of our forum members created it you match your scope to any camera almost and will give you a an idea of what it will be capable of;

http://www.blackwaterskies.co.uk/p/imagingtoolbox.html

:cool:  

Just be carefull.

I got the Nextimage5 and it worked with well but not with my imaging laptop. Seems like it was chip fussy and wouldn't work with an AMD cpu running Win7. People reported it was fine with the Intel chip.

Cut a long story short FLO refunded me without quibble. Great service.

Just makes me wary of Celestron software/drivers.

Odd thing was my imaging source camera works flawlessly and I believe Nextimage 5 was a derivitive of their range.

Frederick

Just be carefull.

I got the Nextimage5 and it worked with well but not with my imaging laptop. Seems like it was chip fussy and wouldn't work with an AMD cpu running Win7. People reported it was fine with the Intel chip.

Cut a long story short FLO refunded me without quibble. Great service.

Just makes me wary of Celestron software/drivers.

Odd thing was my imaging source camera works flawlessly and I believe Nextimage 5 was a derivitive of their range.

Frederick

Interesting! My current desktop is AMD but as it happens that's being upgraded on Friday to something very powerful (CPU Benchmark rating above 11,000). But I'll still be taking them onto the laptop (which is an Intel if i rember correctly) then processing on the desktop...

Archived