sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

Two's Company Three's a Crowd

It really depends on the night, there is no way I could get by on 'any' night with just three.

If it is dark and clear, 28, 14, 10

If the moon is about 10, 7, 5

Most commonly used 20, 14, 7

The same three as last time this was asked. :eek::rolleyes::grin:

Yeah I figured it probably had, yet with the new season starting I expect some have made changes myself included. I now use a paracorr and that has added a 15% magnification gain and slightly narrowed the field of view, though there will be certain circumstances where I will not use it. 

Therefore I would take with me 26mm Nagler, 13mm Ethos and 10mm Delos  I will be adding an 8mm Ethos in due course, the 10mm Delos is a very discerning eyepiece and I feel will continue to receive a lot of use alone with the two Ethos. 

• Like 1

It depends which scope!

I'd probably go for 26mm Nagler, 12mm Nagler, 8mm Radian if I had to choose three to cover all my scopes. but if it's a solar session 32mm TV plossl, 11mm TV plossl, 9mm BGO.

6mm BGO, Leica Vario Zoom (7.3-22mm), Moonfish Clone 30mm FL, 80deg FOV.

Why? Because I sold nearly all my other ones! - although I have just bought (not arrived yet) a Revelation Superview 42mm 65deg which should give me 1.44 degree field in my F15 refractor - positively wide field! :p  :p

Dave

• Like 1

6mm BGO, Leica Vario Zoom (7.3-22mm), Moonfish Clone 30mm FL, 80deg FOV.

Why? Because I sold nearly all my other ones! - although I have just bought (not arrived yet) a Revelation Superview 42mm 65deg which should give me 1.44 degree field in my F15 refractor - positively wide field! :p  :p

Dave

42mm superview, nice ep in a long frac

25mm BST 12.5 circle T and 7mm circle T

It really depends on the night, there is no way I could get by on 'any' night with just three.

If it is dark and clear, 28, 14, 10

If the moon is about 10, 7, 5

Most commonly used 20, 14, 7

That means most commonly its not too dark, not very clear and a bit of moon shining!

That means most commonly its not too dark, not very clear and a bit of moon shining!

Certainly feels like it :( It's either proper cloudy, hazy or the moon is up (which for a DSO nut is painful light pollution!)