Flex-tube balance issues?

Hi, I've just replaced the stock ep's that came with my Flextube 200p with 2" Explorer Scientific, and Baader Hyperion Zoom ep's. This seems to be then limit of the weight I can put on the top end of the scope without disturbing the balance. Any ideas?

The scope I have is a synscan goto, and I don't want to damage the motors.

I added a better focuser, orion dual vewfinder attachment and use a range of eps up to a 1kg nirvana. I have at the bottom of the scope 2 700gm magntets and these can be slid up and down depending on which ep is in the eyepiece holder. I dont know if it is really nescesarry but i prefer to have them on it

Where did you get the magnets from? Any recommended type? I'm thinking above give some basic AP a try, but then I attatch a DSLR to the Hyperion Zoom an point to objects quite low in the sky, the scope moves on it's own downwards.

Identical, pat on the back there lonebod, good find. I may get another myself now just as one of mine cracked a corner when they clapped together. Like I said, they are very, very strong. Try to keep them apart if you get more than one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived