SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

TS 65Q vs ZS71 ED 2013

Hi! I use the TS apo65q with an unmodded D610 (which i use for landscape photography) and TS CLS filter. It's hard. But doable. Really portable setup... With the cost of only 60% (my average round/trailed stars subs ratio) usable subs. I use a lightweight tripod, a manfrotto 190pro (bought in 2006), and maybe with a better tripod (055 maybe) things will go a little better.

I talk about 120secs with the 65q, never tried more.

With my old 300 f/4 afs i had around 90% 4mins good subs, and with my 50mm prime i only pushed up to 5mins but with 99% good subs (One was my fault touching the tripod). When my 52-->48mm adapter ring i will try pushing the 50mm to 7 or more minutes with the CLS filter. Anyway, with qDSLRDashboard i can control my d610 from my tablet/smartphone or laptop, an check every frame once it has taken. It works as intervalometer, and fully controls the DSLR. Since nikon software availability is poor, this free software is somenthing like paradise :D does not have fwhm but better than nothing :D

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey! Someone got any result?

I found i'm west heavy, thats the reason of high trashed subs ratio. Imaging perseus double cluster i got all subs with round stars at 120sec.

Ordered a Magzero mz5, hope to see some improvement...

Anyway, i plan to buy an heq5 with new year, so guider setup will be used with that too :D

Archived