SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

mobile open cluster pic.

Andrew*

Didn't have a lot of success with the Atik tonight - in fact I had better luck with my mobile (Samsung D600) through the EP (20mm SWA). This is one of the Auriga clusters - not sure which :?

4165_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I'm really happy with it. Hope you like!

Andrew

I would even argue this is different image :/

No no Marius - it's the same one. And I didn't do very much at all - just a few tweaks in elements2. There's loads o stars in there - an amazing amount of info caught with just a 2meg phone. I tried the Pleiades with a 1.3mp phone and my old 80mm achro once. Heh, all I got was this pathetic effort :D ;

post-13013-13387733841_thumb.jpg

Another victory for the phone cams. You guys are gonna cause a slump in CCD camera sale. It's a fine cluster you grabbed Andrew.

I think it could be M38, but I will have to consult my Auriga cluster buddy CW. :lol:

Ron. :clouds2:

:lol::(:D

I concur entirely with your assessment as to the object and more importantly the likely downward spiral of digital camera sales. :D I shall be selling my Canon shares as soon as the market opens on Monday! :lol:

Seriously though that was quite an achievement,Andrew, congratulations.

Well SR,having seen your enhancement of Andrews image I just had to have a go. :)

Can't say I was able to pull out any more stars but I saturated it a bit as when enlarged there appears to be a few colourful stars in the centre which may just be seen in this actual size version.

Cheers

CW

(click as usual)

Archived