SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC1396 - Elephants trunk in mono *2x2 mosaic*

swag72

Cheers Rob - The difference in total pane numbers is due to nothing more than cloud, laziness and impatience! :grin: 3 terrible things to admit in AP!!! 

Yep, I know that feeling :)  when you just want it out of the way as quickly as poss, especially when youre already thinking ahead on what to do next. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gav - If I wasn't lazy or impatient it would have much more integration time - This really wasn't enough :grin: I got what I did with the minimum data I think I could get away with. Enjoy your learning :grin:

@Rob - I guess sometimes the trick is knowing when it's just good enough and you can get away with it :smiley:

Thanks all for looking and commenting :smiley:

@Olly - I have to say that I agree with your collaborator! I was really surprised at how very flat this target was in the centre of the nebula, hence a bit of punch to try to combat this. It reminded me of the Pacman, which I find so flat I refuse to even contemplate and has to go down as my least favourite of all nebula's thus far.

You punched it alright, right outta the park :) Lovely take on this object. Yes I'm not a massive fan of the main nebula, but you have given this a new look. Very contrasty, and the left side looks new to my eye. In fact my eye is struggling to fill in the whole circular shape that it is used to seeing of this object. I don't know if that's because of the less data in some frames or the processing, but I like it. 

Tom.

Thanks Danny and Tom - I was surprised at the lack of a full circle that I was expecting. I don't know if it's partly a result of the considerable dark stuff on the left hand side that is perhaps 'hiding' what we would normally see. 

How did i miss this, sorry Sara.

Not seen it quite like this, as you know i do like mono, to me it allows fainter detail to shine through & you really can appreciate the target more.

Mosaic's are really what i need to have a bash at soon.

Archived