Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

KELLING HEATH STAR PARTY

We had a great time (as usual) at Kelling, plenty of everything except sleep. The weather was very comfortable, an "Indian Summer" at it's best, we were roughing it in a motorhome but a tent would have been fine on this occasion. Between us we had an APM 6" refractor, 80mm Equinox with a chromosphere Quark, 120mm PST mod and a Celestron C5. As with any UK event you have to be prepared to stay up very late to get the most opportunities, it always surprises me how few seem to be up and about in the early hours. Good to see so many familiar faces and the level of equipment and choice made walkabouts well worthwhile. Pitch bookings were going like hot cakes, we tried re-booking ours on arrival to find that it had already gone to someone else. We managed to get the last pitch on Yellow field and this is for September 2015! :smiley:  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't done already you really need to be ringing Kelling to book for next Autumn.

Main day is Saturday 12th of September.

I just wish they'd open the booking for SGL 10  so I can sort my Star Parties out  :grin:

Dave

Archived