Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

skywatcher1701

KELLING HEATH STAR PARTY

I'll also be there on the Red field with a 12" dobs very much underused at previous Kelling's due to weather and overstaying my welcome at the bar. I'm not a huge fan of Wherry but it slides down quite nicely in such a relaxed atmosphere.

I be there on red field, with avalon mount and 8 inch edge hd telescope

paul j

I'll be on Yellow 161.

Come along and say "Hello".

Dave

• Like 1

I'll be there, in a chalet.

Looking forward to it - new baby, new job and a new house mean that I haven't had a lot of free time to get out with my scope this year :s

Red 322 ( I think). I've had to cut this year's visit short as I have another commitment on the Saturday. So I will arrive on Monday and leave on Friday.

As usual, I'll be bringing along my imaging rig.[emoji4]

Red 354, Mon to Sun

Unfortunately no 18" dob this year as it's having it's Primary mirror reworked and re-coated so going to attempt a bit of imaging instead.

Red T362, from Thursday to Monday.

I'll have my imaging gear with me, together with the t'other Paul, who will have his Tak setup.

I can't wait!

Red T 363 Tuesday to Monday-and another pitch far sale in  the classifieds if anyone is interested 

blue 237 i think, Thursday to Sunday but might go Wednesday if weather forecast good.

keeping hands in pockets at this years trade stands 

Hi im planning to pop down on friday night and stay sat hoping to do some Quark with Widescreen centre. Anyone looking for some company? I wont be sleeping on site. I dont have a pitch but can bring my 12dob. As a visitor is it a turn up and walk around and chat with people or do most people not liked been disturbed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi im planning to pop down on friday night and stay sat hoping to do some Quark with Widescreen centre. Anyone looking for some company? I wont be sleeping on site. I dont have a pitch but can bring my 12dob. As a visitor is it a turn up and walk around and chat with people or do most people not liked been disturbed?

Hi im planning to pop down on friday night and stay sat hoping to do some Quark with Widescreen centre. Anyone looking for some company? I wont be sleeping on site I dont have a pitch but can bring my 12dob. As a visitor is it a turn up and walk around and chat with people or do most people not liked been disturbed?

It was a great event.

I went Monday to Monday and apart from most of Tuesday night and Wednesday until about 2pm when it rained, it was great weather and we were walking around in T shirts during the daytime.  Very little wind to speak of.  

At night, Monday night was clear for a couple of hours, Wednesday and Friday were clear all night with a few gaps at the weekend.

Great company, great fun.

Carole 

• Like 1

Here's my notes on my experience at Kelling this year :-)

David

A great write-up, David.

Good to see you had a nice time David, I never did get a cancellation so need to book well in advance next time, if I'm not already too late :)

Dave